1. The delivery stone for folks born within the month of April is diamond. A tremendous purpose for each woman on the market to ask the reward of advantageous jewelery from their other halves.
2. Again within the days, the Romans and Greeks believed that the diamonds had been both tears that got here from the cry of deity or some items that fell from stars.
3. The earliest relation between diamonds and love got here from the idea of the Romans that cupid's arrow had been tipped with diamonds.
4. Diamonds are greater than three billion years previous.
5. Diamonds are shaped nearly 100 miles under the bottom and are carried to the floor of the earth by deep eruptions of volcano's.
6. The diamond formation takes place from a single element- nearly 100% carbon. Deep under the earth the place there’s scorching warmth and excessive strain, atoms of carbon bond in a singular approach that’s the reason of the formation of diamonds' distinctive crystalline formation.
7. The nomenclature 'diamond' has come from the Greek phrase 'adamas' that means insurmountable or non destructible.
8. Diamonds are such arduous substances that the one factor that would scratch one diamond is one other diamond.
9. The buying and selling and assortment of diamonds goes again to 4th century BC and it began in India.
10. Throughout historic occasions Hindus believed that the wearer of the diamond could possibly be shielded from risks and it was additionally used within the eyes of the statues of their deity.
11. Completely different cultures of the medieval age believed that diamonds if worn in the course of the time of battle gave extra braveness and diamonds had been studded into the armor of some kings after they rode within the battle.
12. In historic time's diamond had been used for curing illnesses like fatigue and psychological sickness because it was thought that it has therapeutic properties.
13. Starting within the early 1400s diamonds had been primarily sourced from India and had been traded in European commerce facilities. Later within the 1700s the world's main supply of diamonds turned Brazil. This modified to South Africa within the late years of 1800s when a colossal diamond mine was present in South Africa.
14. The most important diamond to be found until date is named the 'Cullinan'. The burden of the Culinan is 3106 carats or 1.33 kilos and it was present in South Africa within the early 1900s. This diamond was then reduce into 109 items out of which 100 had been small and 9 had been massive. You’ll be able to see the three largest diamonds of those 109 items within the London tower.
15. It was in 1477 when Archduke Maxmillian of Austria gifted Mary of Burgundy the primary ever diamond engagement ring. It was a gold ring with an M letter described within the type of diamonds.